Heating Repair in Huntsville, AL
Reliable Heating Services in Huntsville
At Jackson Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, our team knows what it takes to keep your home warm and cozy all winter long. Since opening our doors nearly 35 years ago, our team has been committed to keeping your family comfortable. When your heater is on the fritz, you can count on our highly trained and fully qualified technicians to solve the problem quickly and effectively. Our Huntsville heater repair team is equipped with the high-quality tools and technology necessary to repair any problem you may be facing. From damaged electrical connections to faulty pilot lights to broken thermostats, we’ve got you covered.
At Jackson Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, you can count on us for all of your heating repair needs in Huntsville, and beyond! Take a look at what our customers have to say about us and see why we are Huntsville's most trusted heating provider. No heating problem is either too big or too small for us to take care of. Whether you need to install a new heater in your home, or are looking for emergency heating repair services, we got you covered. Contact us to learn more about what we can do to make your home a better and more comfortable place for you today!
For premium service and reliable repairs, call (256) 304-8883 today.
Why Does My Heater Smell Like It's Burning?
Have you noticed a burning smell coming from your heater every time you turn it on? There are a number of reasons why this could be happening.
Here are some reasons why your heater may be smelling like it's burning:
- Your heater's air filters are clogged: When your air filters are clogged, this means that the blower motor has to work extra hard, causing it to overheat. Changing your air filters can get rid of this burning smell, and also ensure that your heater is working at optimal levels.
- There is a plastic object that has made itself in your heater: A foreign plastic object such as a plastic cap or a plastic toy could have made its way into your heater and maybe the reason why your heater smells like it's burning. A heating professional will be able to safely remove the object.
- Burning dust: If you're turning your heater on for the first time during the colder months, it is likely that the burning odor may be dust that has accumulated from your heater throughout the year that it was turned off and not working.
- The fan motor may be overheated: Another reason why your heater smells like it's burning could be because your fan motor is overheated. This will typically cause a burning odor that smells like gunpowder. If you notice this, it is critical to switch off your heater and contact a professional as soon as possible.
- You need to change your heater's oil filter: If you have an oil furnace, a burning smell may be a sign that you need to replace your furnace's oil filter.
If you notice a burning smell coming from your heater, it is important to contact a heating professional as soon as possible to get the situation inspected and properly taken. Taking immediate action is important for ensuring the safety of you and your loved ones.
Why Is My Heater Blowing Cold Air?
There is nothing worse than turning on your heater only to be blasted with cold air. Heating systems blowing cold air is one of the most common heater problems and can be caused by a number of things. Some of these causes are easily fixed and others require the assistance of an HVAC repair specialist. To help you determine when you need to schedule heater repair, it is a good idea to become familiar with the most common causes of this problem.
Below are 8 possible reasons why your furnace is blowing cold air:
- The air filter is clogged
- The thermostat fan is set to ON instead of AUTO
- The thermostat is faulty
- The pilot light is out
- There is a faulty thermocouple
- The ducts are leaking
- The circuit breaker tripped
- The flame sensor is dirty
If you’ve changed your filter and ensured your thermostat is on the correct setting and your heater is still blowing cold air, call Jackson Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. Our team can quickly determine which component of your system is causing cold air to be distributed in your home, explain your options to you, and implement the best solution.
Signs You Need to Schedule Heater Repair in Huntsville
If you’ve just turned your heater on only to discover that it isn’t quite working the way it normally does, you might need a heater repair. Because heaters are complex systems, even problems that appear to be very minor have the power to cause damage to your entire system. For that reason, you should always bring in a heating technician right away upon noticing that your system is struggling.
Common signs that you need heating repair include:
- Your electric bill has increased significantly even though your usage hasn’t changed
- The airflow coming from your air registers is very weak
- Some rooms are always cold and drafty, no matter how high you turn up the thermostat
- Your home is never as warm as you’d like it to be
- Your pilot light is yellow
- Your heater is making loud, unusual sounds during operation
Ignoring problems with your heater can lead to costly repairs and even premature system failure. Bring in our heating technicians from Jackson Plumbing, Heating & Cooling and we will take care of the problem.
Emergency Heating Repair Services
Heater breakdowns don’t always happen between the hours of 9 to 5. That’s why Jackson Plumbing, Heating & Cooling offers emergency repair services. When your heater breaks down, we are here to provide the fast, exceptional service you deserve. The last thing we want is for your family to be left in the cold, so you can count on us to arrive promptly in fully stocked trucks, carefully inspect your entire heating system, locate the exact cause of the problem, and implement a swift, reliable repair to get your system back up and running in no time.
And, because we know how much you want to avoid heater repairs, we recommend routine maintenance for your system. By joining our Peace of Mind Protection Plan, you can significantly reduce the chances of a heater breakdown, enjoy front-of-the-line service, receive excellent discounts, and rest easy knowing your system is taken care of.
- Why Won’t My Furnace Ignite?
- The Top 6 Home Heating & Cooling Mistakes People Make
- Should My Heater Be Doing This?
- 4 Products That Will Slash Your Heating Bill This Winter