Grease Trap Cleaning in Decatur, AL
The drains in your kitchen and bathroom are not the only drains in your home. In fact, there is another drain that is hidden from view and is not something you are likely to think about on a regular basis. The grease trap is a trap that is located under your kitchen sink and is designed to catch grease, food particles, and other materials that may not be suitable for the sewer line. Over time, the grease trap will become clogged and you will need to have it cleaned by a professional.
Jackson Plumbing, Heating & Cooling provides professional trap cleaning services to keep your entire plumbing system running smoothly. Our technicians are highly trained and use the most advanced equipment to ensure that your grease trap is cleaned thoroughly and effectively.
Contact Jackson Plumbing, Heating & Cooling today at (256) 353-0051 for grease trap cleaning in Decatur.
What Happens When Your Grease Trap Is Not Cleaned
While it is not something that you will think about on a regular basis, the grease trap is an essential part of your plumbing system. When the grease trap is not cleaned regularly, it can become clogged and begin to back up into your kitchen sink. The result can be a foul-smelling liquid that comes up your sink and into your kitchen. This can be extremely unpleasant and even pose a health hazard. If you suspect that your grease trap is not being cleaned regularly, contact us for professional trap cleaning services.
The Importance of Grease Traps in Restaurants
Grease traps are essential in restaurants for several reasons:
1. Preventing Drain Blockages: One of the primary functions of a grease trap is to capture and collect fats, oils, and grease (FOG) from the kitchen wastewater before it enters the sewer system. FOG is a common byproduct of cooking, and when it cools and solidifies, it can create blockages in pipes and sewer lines. Grease traps help prevent these blockages, which can lead to costly plumbing issues and potential shutdowns of the restaurant.
2. Compliance with Regulations: Many local and regional authorities have strict regulations regarding grease disposal for commercial establishments, including restaurants. Having a properly sized and maintained grease trap is often a legal requirement to ensure compliance with these regulations. Failure to comply can result in fines, penalties, and even the closure of the restaurant.
3. Protecting the Environment: When FOG enters the sewer system, it can also reach natural water bodies like rivers and streams, causing environmental harm. Grease traps intercept FOG and prevent it from entering the wastewater treatment facilities, reducing pollution and protecting the local ecosystem.
4. Maintaining Plumbing Systems: Grease traps not only prevent blockages in the public sewer system but also help maintain the restaurant's internal plumbing system. By removing FOG at the source, they prevent buildup within the restaurant's pipes, reducing the risk of clogs and costly repairs.
5. Preventing Bad Odors: Accumulated grease in pipes can lead to foul odors in the restaurant, which can be unpleasant for customers and staff. Grease traps help mitigate this issue by capturing and containing the odorous substances.
6. Extended Lifespan of Wastewater Treatment Equipment: For restaurants connected to a municipal wastewater treatment system, grease traps play a crucial role in preserving the efficiency and longevity of the treatment equipment. Removing FOG before it reaches the treatment plant prevents clogging and excessive strain on the equipment, ensuring it operates optimally and requires less frequent maintenance.
We warranty all of our work with a 2-year, unconditional warranty to provide peace of mind.
We are locally owned & operated providing convenient service designed for you.
When you give us a call, we guarantee your problem will be fixed Jackson Fast!
“Within less than 25 minutes of calling a technician was here.” - Debra S.